Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 2 - Orientation

Woke up at 9am for breakfast! and then orientation around the campus. day 2 did not have much activites. after orientation was free and easy, buying daily necessities at a local supermarket.


The building where we will be having our classes in.















Our classroom for the next 30 days!

Notice the difference of the stairs. got a line that is protruding out. hurts while walking down.


Bicycle area, one of the more common things seen around campus.
Canteen near our hostel.


My lunch! looks great huh? it is very very nice!

Reflection:
Today was a short day, nonetheless, as each day passes by, we ought to have learnt something throughout the course of the day. today, i came to realise that the difference between the campus in Wuhan, and Ngee Ann Poly in Singapore. i complain about the high slopes and far far away classes in NP, but actually i was actually lucky to be able to go to a school like that, blessed with good facilities and better and cleaner environment. immersing myself in such an environment allowed me to experience it first hand, allowing myself to cherish what i have, and not complaining about what i do not.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liang Xun,
    I like reading your reflections. I could feel that your are indeed grateful that you are studying in Singapore. Hope I am not wrong in my interpretation. Anyway, I always feel that is nothing like HOME, whenever I travel outside Singapore.
    It is good to be able to compare and realize how lucky we are. Wish you and all your friends, good luck. Continue to observe, learn, experience and write your short, heartfelt reflections. Take care. Regards, Lim Choon Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find out what is the purpose of the line that is protruding out on the stairs? I am keen to know why the design is like that.

    ReplyDelete